Benefits of Bankruptcy
Advice from Milwaukee's Trusted Firm
The right to file bankruptcy is authorized under federal law. Filing bankruptcy imposes an automatic stay that immediately stops creditor collection activity. In your case, filing a Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy may allow you to:
- Eliminate most unsecured debts
- Reconnect utility services (or prevent a pending utility disconnection)
- Stop collection activity and protect your property
- Stop tax authorities including the IRS from taking action against you
- Protect & stop your wages from garnishment
- End creditor harassment
- Prevent entry of pending judgments and fully satisfy judgments
- Stop real estate foreclosure
- Stop vehicle repossession
Additional benefits of a Chapter 13 bankruptcy:
- Pay mortgage arrears over time without interest or additional late fees
- Lower the interest rate on your vehicle loan or other secured loans
- In the case of an over-financed car loan, a Chapter 13 bankruptcy can force the lender to accept what the vehicle is worth instead of what you owe
- Modify your mortgage loan and lower your monthly mortgage payment under the supervision of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court
- Chapter 13 may allow you to eliminate a wholly unsecured second mortgage
- Pay income taxes and real estate taxes over time
Questions? Call an experienced lawyer!
Filing for bankruptcy can help you potentially restart your life and get your financial affairs in order. With the guidance of a knowledgeable Milwaukee bankruptcy lawyer, you can use the federal bankruptcy laws and unique laws in the state of Wisconsin to ensure that you are taking advantage of every opportunity available to you. With more than 14 years of experience, Drew Sapinski has helped thousands of people discover how bankruptcy and other debt relief options can free them from the weight of insurmountable debt and help put them back on the road to recovery. Call his firm to find out how Sapinski Law Office, S.C. can help you.
Sapinski Law Office, S.C. can start with a free case evaluation to help you determine your options and find the best opportunity for a bright new future.