Milwaukee Chapter 7 Lawyer
Helping Clients in Milwaukee County and Beyond
A Chapter 7 bankruptcy - also sometimes referred to as a personal, liquidation, or straight bankruptcy - is a traditional bankruptcy. Once a Chapter 7 petition is filed, an automatic bankruptcy stay goes into effect. This stops all creditor activity against the debtor and his or her property, and in most cases, all assets are exempt from being sold by the bankruptcy trustee.
Why call my Chapter 7 bankruptcy firm?
- I have helped 1,000s of people to a fresh start
- My firm is backed by strong client recommendations
- 20 years' experience handling only bankruptcy cases
- Affordable, hassle-free payments plans
Unsure of whether or not bankruptcy is right for you? Want to see if you are eligible for Chapter 7 bankruptcy? I am ready to discuss all your options with you in a free case evaluation. Find trusted, dedicated advice today at Sapinski Law Office, S.C.!
With several locations, we're able to serve clients in Milwaukee County, West Allis, Greenfield, Wauwatosa, New Berlin, and Brookfield. Contact us online or call (888) 298-1041 for a consultation.
What is Chapter 7 bankruptcy?
Once you file for bankruptcy, the automatic stay starts, lasting the entire process. It takes only a few months before a discharge order is entered, eliminating most debts (excepting certain debts such as child support/student loans). Chapter 7 allows you to get a fresh start immediately and you can start rebuilding your credit score.
Should you file for Chapter 7?
Are you losing sleep at night because you are worried about meeting your basic living needs? Are your personal relationships suffering from debt problems?
If these or any of the following are true of you, then it may be a good idea to file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy:
- You cannot save any money for emergency purposes or for your retirement
- Your credit cards are all maxed out and you cannot use them any longer
- You borrow from one credit card to make payments to pay off another card
- You're considering a home equity loan or borrowing from your retirement so you can pay off your creditors
- You've fallen behind on your mortgage or car loan because of high payments on unsecured debt (such as credit cards, medical bills, or payday loans)
- You can't make minimum payments on your credit cards, or the minimum monthly payments or interest rates keeps increasing
What is the Chapter 7 Process?
To file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you must provide documentation and complete courses within a specific timeline. While undergoing the Chapter 7 process, you should not sell or give away any property.
We recommend seeking guidance from a Milwaukee Chapter 7 attorney to ensure that you complete these items correctly and in time:
- Before filing, attend a credit counseling course (available online or via phone).
- File for bankruptcy.
- Mail a copy of tax return to the bankruptcy trustee who is assigned to your case by the court.
- After 30 days of filing, attend a creditor's meeting.
- Mail the certificate of completion to the court.
- Within 60 days of filing, attend a budget counseling course (available online or via phone).
Within 60 to 75 days after the creditor's meeting, you should receive a letter that discharges your debt.
Trusted Legal Guidance You Can Count On
For 20 years, I've helped thousands of families escape deep holes of financial debt and find financial freedom. Bankruptcy has many benefits that may be able to help you as well. Call my firm today if you wish to speak with a knowledgeable Milwaukee bankruptcy attorney and learn more about Chapter 7 bankruptcy or your other debt relief options in Wisconsin.
Straightforward & easy, find out where you stand financially. Request your free initial case consultation and speak with our team today!
About Our Firm
Get to know Attorney Sapinski and how he will work with you to achieve a better financial future.
Reasons to Choose Us
20+ Years of Legal Experience
2,000+ Bankruptcy Cases Successfully Resolved
Simple & Hassle-Free Payment Plans
Free Credit Restoration After Bankruptcy Filing
We want you to make a fully-informed decision before filing. Learn more about your debt relief options today.
Trusted & RecommendedClient Testimonials
“You definitely took away a lot of the pain.”- T.B.
“If you are in need of legal assistance in the area of debt relief or bankruptcy, I would highly recommend Andrew Sapinsky.”- V.S.
“I would recommend Sapinski Law Office, S.C. to anyone facing bankruptcy.”- Will