Milwaukee Chapter 13 Lawyer
Assisting Clients With Chapter 13 Bankruptcy in Milwaukee County
If you are behind on your mortgage, car payments, or other debts, then filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy may be able to help you get back on your feet. With an experienced Chapter 13 attorney in Milwaukee on your side, you can stop debt collectors, fight foreclosure, and successfully repay your debts.
Why Choose My Milwaukee Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Firm?
- I am backed by 20 years of bankruptcy law experience
- 2,000+ people have found debt relief through my firm
- I deliver one-on-one service throughout the process
- Affordable, simple payment plans are offered
At Sapinski Law Office, S.C., my team comes highly recommended by past clients, and our Chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyers are ready to deliver the honest, caring advice and tireless representation that you deserve. Don't hesitate to find out if you qualify for Chapter 13 bankruptcy and if you have any alternative debt solutions available in your case or not. With locations in Milwaukee, Elm Grove, and Appleton, we are able to serve clients in Milwaukee County, West Allis, Greenfield, Wauwatosa, New Berlin, and Brookfield. Call (888) 298-1041 to set up a free initial consultation with our Chapter 13 bankruptcy attorney!
Understanding the Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Process
Going through the Chapter 13 bankruptcy process can be overwhelming, but our team at Sapinski Law Office, S.C. is here to guide you every step of the way. We believe that it is important for our clients to have a clear understanding of the process, so here is a breakdown of what you can expect:
- Filing the Petition: The first step in the Chapter 13 bankruptcy process is often filing a petition with the bankruptcy court.
- Creating a Repayment Plan: Once the petition is filed, we will work with you to create a repayment plan that fits your financial situation. This plan will outline how you will repay your debts over a period of three to five years.
- Confirmation Hearing: After your repayment plan is submitted, a confirmation hearing will be scheduled. During this hearing, the bankruptcy court will review your plan and determine if it is feasible and fair to your creditors.
- Executing the Repayment Plan: If your repayment plan is approved, you will start making monthly payments to the bankruptcy trustee, who will then disperse the funds to your creditors. It is important to make these payments on time to successfully complete your Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
- Discharge of Debts: Once you have completed your repayment plan, any remaining qualified debts will be discharged. This means that you are no longer legally obligated to repay those debts.
What is the Chapter 13 Repayment Plan?
As with Chapter 7 bankruptcy, Chapter 13 begins an automatic stay that protects you from your creditors. Chapter 13 bankruptcy helps you consolidate your debt into one low monthly payment you can afford, giving you 3 to 5 years to complete your monthly debt consolidation plan.
What are the Benefits of Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?
Here are a few more ways that Chapter 13 can help you:
- Protect your car from repossession
- Lower your car loan's interest rate
- Stop foreclosure
- Modify your mortgage
- If you have debts that cannot be discharged in Chapter 7 (tax debts, school loans, court-ordered payments), Chapter 13 can help you pay them
What Qualifies You for Chapter 13?
If your income is deemed too high to file for Chapter 7, then Chapter 13 bankruptcy may be your only option. However, if your unsecured debts exceed $394,725 or your secured debts exceed $1,184,200, then you are not eligible for Chapter 13 bankruptcy. If your unsecured or secured debts are below those amounts, then you may qualify for Chapter 13! Reach out to a bankruptcy attorney at Sapinski Law Office, S.C.
Get a Free Consultation with a Milwaukee Chapter 13 Attorney Today
At Sapinski Law Office, S.C., I have personally helped thousands of clients craft a personalized legal strategy that allows them to regain control of their lives and achieve peace of mind. In my initial consultation with each client, I discuss bankruptcy and every other option available. If bankruptcy is deemed best for a given situation, then not only will I walk my clients step-by-step through the bankruptcy procedure. I can also help you restore your credit rating after bankruptcy at no added fee. When you need the best Chapter 13 lawyer, contact my bankruptcy law firm
- Vehicle Loans - How Chapter 13 Can Help
- Do I Need a Bankruptcy Attorney?
- Is Bankruptcy Right for Me?
- Bankruptcy FAQ
Call (888) 298-1041 or contact us online to schedule a free case review with a Milwaukee Chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyer! Serving those in West Allis, Greenfield, Wauwatosa, New Berlin, and Brookfield.
About Our Firm
Introduction to Sapinski Law Office
Get to know Attorney Sapinski and how he will work with you to achieve a better financial future.
"If you are in need of legal assistance in the area of debt relief or bankruptcy, I would highly recommend Andrew Sapinski."
After many years of trying to cope with the financial burdens of a single mother of two, my current strategies were no longer ...V.S.
"You definitely took away a lot of the pain."
Thank you again for your help with handling my 'long overdue credit situation' this past year. You definitely took away a lot ...T.B.
"I would recommend Sapinski Law Office, S.C. to anyone facing bankruptcy."
I would recommend Sapinski Law Office, S.C. to anyone facing bankruptcy. They handled my case professionally, ...Will
"Thank you for your time and effort."
On your advice, we did credit counseling. The outcome was we are on the right track…..and we have decided not to pursue ...D.K.
"I was very pleased with the professional services I received from Mr. Sapinski and his law firm."
I was very pleased with the professional services I received from Mr. Sapinski and his law firm. I was not sure what to ...N.K.
"Sapinski Law Office, S.C. is a place I highly recommend for people truly in need of help with their debt."
Sapinski Law Office, S.C. is a place I highly recommend for people truly in need of help with their debt. I was extremely ...S.A.
"I would recommend him to anyone I know needed his services."
Mr. Sapinski is very friendly and nice to work with. He takes time to explain everything very well. I would recommend him to ...Jill
"We have been glad to have him take us through this process."
Bankruptcy was a difficult stress filled decision. Mr. Sapinski was very supportive and understanding and put our minds at ...P.K. & M.K.